Amp For Kinergetics SW800 s

I am in the process of adding SW800's along-side my CLS's and need to find an amp(s) to drive them. I'm driving the CLS's with a Mesa Baron (a wonderful amp for these speakers; better in fact than several more costly pieces I auditioned in-system).

The only extra amp I have on hand in an old (original generation, circa early/mid 80's) Adcom GFA 555. The amp that just won't die. Now I'm kicking myself for selling the DNA1 Deluxe when I bought the Baron, but I hadn't found the SW800's at that point.

For the long haul, what does your collective experience and wisdom suggest as a long term amp for the SW800's? They have a nominal 1.6 ohm load. This isn't a "money is no object" situation as there are several other things I'd like to do within my system. On the other hand, reviewers while praising the "mini-Statement" set up to high heaven also stated that these subs are extremely revealing of amp quality.

Some that crossed my mind... OCM 500, B&K Sonata M200's, Counterpoint SA220. Any ideas? Also, should I stick with solid state for the subs?

Thanks in advance.
jim

Showing 1 response by garygutbrod

I am currently using a pair of NAD 214's bridged mono with the Kinergetics SW800 mini's and ML Aerius. They work great and run very cool.