Amp choice for VA Mahlers

Anyone hve suggestions on which would be best amp choice for a VA Mahler as part of HT set up. I was thinking of GAmut D200 but not sure what to match to run center and back. I thought of Theta , Classe CAV180 (perhaps too much like current MArantz MM9000 AV9000), Classe CAM200 or CAM350. At least if i buy the monoblocks I can use the roksan that I own for now, and upgrade the rest of the channels later. I have heard the Classe CAV180 driving BW803 and was impressed with wide soundstage in Stereo . WIth BW the whole thing got too bright but i dont think this will be a problem with VA any thoughts?
quigly

Showing 2 responses by tok20000

The D-200 is a great amp for driving the Mahlers. I have Mahlers being driven by the D-200 amp. My center channel is driven by my receiver. I have not invested in a center channel amp. Personally, I think matching amps for HT is over rated. Matching speakers is very important (at least the center with the L and R speakers, but as long as you have a HT preamp that can match volumes (my receiver even has equalization for speaker correction and room correction [oh the fun HT is, never would I put something like this in my 2 channel setup]).

KF
Go for the GamuT D200 mk2.

Spend extra $$$ on a nice AC cord.
I would suggest a Kimber Palladium PK10 if you can afford it o a BMI Shark or a VD Nite w/SOL.

These cords are not cheap, but will make your GamuT sound a lot better. The D-200 with a stock cord is good, but with one fo the above AC cords it can be freakin amazing.

KF