Am I considered to be a materialistic person?

I just love my equipment and records and sometimes can't wait to come home from work and play.....I don't think i could be truly happy without all this stuff! Does this necessarily make me a materialistic person of sorts? Do others feel the same way towards their gear and assorted media collections? My wife thinks i'm obsessed and does not see the point of all this lol. 
128x128audioguy85
Agreed! This hobby keeps me sane in this crazy world. I can take a trip back in time by just pulling a record from my shelf and spinning it. I guess I could be doing worse things LOL!
audioguy85 ...

You ARE obsessed as are most of us posting on this site. Humans are prone to addictions. Things could be worse ... it could be booze, drugs, work, gambling, or blondes. Personally, I can't imagine life without music, and the music I love is collectible... at least to me. If I started listening to every cut in every CD and vinyl album I have, there's no way I could finish within the lifetime I have left. And yet ... I continue bringing new music home. Go figure. 

As "nonoise" said ... enjoy your obsession. :-)

Frank
Yes, you're materialistic and, yes, you love your hobby and the music behind it. Admit it. Embrace it. Revel in it. And reign it in when it starts to overwhelm you.
Frank, same here....I could never ever listen to all I have. It would take me maybe 100 years, and yet i too keep collecting new music every chance I get LOL.

Simao, I shall bask in it LOL! Yes, at times it gets a bit overwhelming, but I would not change a thing.....:)

I have this Thrift type store in town that I find my self visiting maybe once a week or so. They do a lot of clean outs of estates etc.....and there is always a new to me record there waiting to be discovered, all for just a buck apiece! Just today I scored a VG++ Bobbie Gentry "Ode to Billie Joe" LP! It sounds fantastic.
Relax.

As the great philosopher Sting has written: We are spirits in the material world.