Allnic 1201 and Herron VTPH-2

I am seeking information on the characteristics of the Allnic 1201 and the Herron VTPH-2 phonostages . This is not a 'which one is better' type of question . I believe that both of these PS's are fine products in their own right .

What I would like to know , from those that have experience with both , is what are the differing characteristics of each unit .

I want use this information to make a decision as to which one to purchase for my VPI Prime and Ortofon 2m Black .

Thank You

saki70

Showing 3 responses by jmcgrogan2

Well I own a VPI Prime and an Allnic H1201, both are very nice pieces.
However, I have not heard a Herron VTPH-2 , so I cannot offer you the difference in characteristics of these units.

I doubt there are many folks at all who have heard both of these units in a system that they are familiar with, but good luck. Maybe you'll find one.
Sorry I can't give you a clearer answer to your question, but I can say without any reservation that these are two outstanding phono stages. I don't think you could possibly go wrong with either. Sonically, both are superior performers, in my opinion.

This statement from the only person on this thread who has owned both phono stages under question basically sums up the OP's question.

You'll be happy with either one.
Pick the one that you like the looks of best, or the one that you get the best deal on.