Adona Equipment Racks

I have been researching equipment racks and for the price the Adona racks look good.  I am aware these racks have been discussed a few years ago in Audiogon.  So, I am interested in hearing current opinions from owners of Adona racks.  Please tell me your thoughts regarding sound quality improvements or not, build quality, and your purchasing experience.

randypeck

I have owned an Adona Zero SR4 for about 15 years, and I love mine and recommend it. The price is fair, they look good, and most importantly, they are infinitely adjustable. The granite shelves as you probably know are laminated to MDF underneath with a layer of damping elastomer, and I think it is really effective sonically.

I think that the customer service was fine, but I do wonder if they have, or had some influence with Audiogon as advertisers, because I did a positive review of the rack way back then, and only mentioned that there were no instructions for assembly, and the review was rejected by Audiogon.

I have owned an Adona Eris 6DW rack for about 4 years.  I also love it like @roxy54 and recommend it.  I had the cherry trim added to my shelves.  At the time I purchased it I also had it custom sized slightly taller.  The interactions I had ordering and actually picking up the rack in person were excellent.  If you look through the Virtual systems you will see many high end systems on Adona racks. 

Thanks for you input.  roxy54, I did read your review and your suggestions were very good.  The folks at Adona should appreciate them as well and improve their product.

I have always thought that the Adona racks were overpriced since they seem to have no real sonic attributes like say, Critical Mass, HRS, etc. who incorporate isolation in the design.

I also don’t like the wood trim on the shelves, it looks cheap.

IMHO that is.

ozzy