Adcom GFA 555 versus Rotel RMB 1095for stereo

I own both the above amps. Would I be better served to use the 2 channel Adcom for stereo , or the 5 channel Rotel ?.

John
crowy1939

Showing 4 responses by crowy1939

I am 74 years old with serious health problems. My system is in an enclosed cabinet and was set up by my son who is no longer around. So for me to grovel and make the switch is not a given . I just thought you guys would give me a clue and save me the trouble , thats all .

John
So sorry for using the poor old man ploy but its just the way it is. Thanks for the responses so far . The bi amp option looked good but I have Def tech BP 8080 ST up front which won't bi amp. I am using the Marantz Pre Pro AV 7005. Its not that I am totally unhappy with my Rotel 1095 but thought the Adcom might do a better job for stereo because it was designed for 2 channel . I thought I had read where the multichannel amps were not that good for 2 channel .
Thanks everyone for you responses. I did take the advise of getting a young guy to help me with the setup. I ended up keeping my default setup which included the Rotel Rmb 1095 for movies, and the Oppo BD 95 using the dedicated unbalanced 2 channel outs for the right and left input of the 7.1 analog . While I was about it I connected a pair of XLRs from the dedicated outs from the Oppo and connected to the CD input on the Marantz AV 7005. I did this to be able to choose the Audyessy setup for comparison . It sounds good both ways to me . I did try the 2 channel Adcom with its 200 watts per, I found it to be as good as the Rotel but certainly not better . The fact that I lean towards 2 channel leads me to believe that I should get a better 2 channel only amp .