Acoustic Signature Calypso/ Rega 301 upgrade path

I have not read or heard anything about this turntable yet I now have one on the way. Has anyone heard it yet? I have ordered the Wiggles VTA adjustment for the Rega arm. I was curious about what tone arms would be good for a latter upgrade. Any other ideas for upgrade path to this turntable would be appreciated.

Mostly listen to great vintage MM/MI cartridges now but open to MC latter if I move up the Shindo line. I listen to all kinds of music but seem to gravitate to Jazz.

Current system
Butler TDB 2250
Shindo Aurieges w/mm
Joseph RM25XL
acman3

Showing 1 response by drrsutliff

I originally had the RB300 with a Discovery Cable rewire and the spring removed. A very good arm but after a couple of years I changed it out for an Origin Live Silver (original version)that, in my system, provided better base definition and a clearer extension of the highs with my Sumiko Blackbird HOMC. This was a worthwhile upgrade and the Silver stayed in my system for two years. I have now upgraded to the new OL Encounter MK3c that has been a substantial upgrade as well. There are many changes and tweaks that you can employ on the Rega arm, but the Origin Live arms bring a little something special IMO.