A very good ENGINEERING explanation of why analog can not be as good as digital..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRvSWPZQYk

There will still be some flat earthers who refuse to believe it....
Those should watch the video a second or third time :-)
128x128cakyol
Analog recording attempts to reproduce faithfully the original sound, and if done properly, you can get it.

Digital recording attempts to reproduce approximately the original sound. By using a large number of bits you can get as close as a one million of a percent difference, but never the exact thing.

So, the correct statement is: digital reproduction can be as close as one wants to the original sound, so small the difference that indeed it could not be detected by ear, but it is never an exact replica.

So, digital recording and reproduction can be as good as analog, but NEVER better.
Exhibit A - digitally remastered cassettes. The best of both worlds? High dynamic range and low noise without all the digitalis produced by the digital playback system. The digitally remastered cassette demonstrates that it’s not (rpt not) necessarily the digital medium per se that’s the problem, but the CD playback system. Tape is a natural medium. It breathes.
Well, I really liked recording to DCC because it sounded so much better than CDs.  I think it is a lot closer to analog sound than most digital solid state device recordings (computer, recording devices).  My own DCC recordings sounded similar to my Tandberg RR recordings at 7 1/2 ips. 
It literally doesn't matter.  As in, it cannot matter less.  Why do cinephiles make a huge deal out of seeing a movie that was shot on film projected from the 70mm print??... because they love the way it looks.  It's romance.  A 1972 Porsche 911 is a fraction as fast as a new Subaru but even car guys have enough sense to know that it's a waste of time to debate those merits.  That's why they have different forums.
Save it.
Seconded.  If ever there was a pointless debate/schism, then this is it.
If you don't like one or the other, don't listen to it.  If someone else likes what you don't like, how exactly is that an issue you need to concern yourself with?
As for what's best: anybody who has progressed beyond play school ought to know that where human preference is concerned there's no such thing as "best".