A very good ENGINEERING explanation of why analog can not be as good as digital..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRvSWPZQYk

There will still be some flat earthers who refuse to believe it....
Those should watch the video a second or third time :-)
128x128cakyol
This entire topic is ridiculous. Next up, “a chemist will explain why chocolate tastes better than apple pie.”
His points are valid in theory.  However, when it comes to implementation, the story changes.  

First, for digital equipment to "smooth" the curve effectively, it must be well designed.  Sure, there is plenty of equipment that is well designed and sounds very good.  

But, second is the software.  He does make the point about the so-called loudness wars.  As digital sound engineers increasingly use higher volume and more compression, the quality of the recording declines.  Similarly, some analogue recordings are poorly produced.  Overall it seems that the quality of most analogue recordings is better than the corresponding digital versions, and even more so with more modern music as the loudness wars have become more prevalent.

So, if sound engineers focused more on producing great sounding recordings, rather than loud sounding recordings, I think you'd see that many more enthusiasts would embrace digital over vinyl.  That's because the sound quality would be similar enough, but the digital versions are often easier to consume... like on the phone, in the car, over the internet, etc.  In today's world, the sound quality problems start with the overly compressed recordings.

This compression issue and the "loudness wars" is the reason I strongly prefer vinyl.  Even though I do occasionally listen to a CD or SACD, and I stream when a record isn't convenient.
Post removed 
Perhaps the human cutoff frequency of 20 khz is the problem here. While humans cannot perceive tones (continuous sine waves) above 20 khz or so, there may very well be a psycho-acoustic or other human response to high frequencies. The leading edge of a square wave, for example, has many ultrasonic frequency components. Those high frequencies may be perceived as an initial sound “attack” and may contibute to a sense of realism when reproduced correctly (proper phase and amplitude).
As an electrical engineer, with reduced high frequecy perception due to aging, I cannot explain why adding a supertweeter to my system makes the sound more spacious and realistic.
Btw, in my fairly pricey system, vinyl is superior to most digital, but both are very enjoyable. I think digital needs to increase the sampling rate throughout the entire recording to playback chain.
By your logic, a robotic woman would be better than a real woman. I still prefer the real woman. Imperfect. But more life. More character.