901 series 2 speakers

hi, anybody out there have any thoghts of the bose 901 series 2 speakers?
128x128g_nakamoto
roxy54, i have the series 2 that i bought back in 1972. and i did have a phase linear 400. these speakers were reccomended for around 100 watts a chanell. i still have my speakers but i now have a mcintosh 600 watt a chanell amp. i should get better speakers but since i'm retired and on a fixed income. i'll have to settle for them.
Turn 901's around so single driver on back faces you and speaker is about 
3' from wall , if you have at least 200 w a side they are fun , with just right
placement in room they are not bad .
But Series 2 is at least 30 years old . The original version actually sounded good .
I won a pr from Bose in 70's, sell 20 pairs get one  free. Played with them for a month and sold them for $600 .
I know the 901 drivers can sound good, they sounded real good in Bose system in my Nissan Maxima .
Schubert, there's 8 in the back and 1 in the front. do you mean face the 1 towards the wall and the 8 facing you?
No, just the opposite - 1 facing you and eight  toward the wall behind the speakers. Reflected sound...

If buying, be wary of rotted surrounds. Bose used foam surrounds (at least in the Series III and up) and they rotted within just a few years, prompting Bose to offer good deals on replacement speakers to prior purchasers in the 80’s. Quite expensive to have the surrounds replaced on 18 drivers!

Dave
the original and series 2 had cloth surrounds. mine are still original. 1 facing you and 8 facing the rear is how it's suppose to be. I know that. Schubert said the opposite.