$600 budget, upgrage amp, cd or speakers? HELP

Hi everyone, current setup is an arcam A65+ integrated, a pair of axiom m22ti's, an axiom 8 inch 125 watt sub, and a simple toshiba sd-3800 cd/dvd player.

I'm currently trying to decide what is the best upgrade route to go, the axiom speakers are rated at 93 db sens, and can play fairly loud and somewhat clear with the 40 watt arcam, but I'm looking to get a little bit more UMPHH, especially when watching movies or fast paced techno/dance music.

I also understand I could be getting a bit more out of setup as I think my amp/pre-amp is a little bit more high-end than the speakers and could stand to use an upgrade, something more full range.

Or would the cd player help out my system, I tend to play mostly mp3's though, so keep that in mind.
thanks very much!
mrhdream

Showing 1 response by rar1

Normally, I would suggest spending the money on a good dedicated CD player, but as long as you primarily play MP3's ... the system sound can only go so far. If MP3's are going to remain your primary source for now, you may want to save your cash for now and possibly revamp your system in a major way in the future.

Regards, Rich