211 tube integrated choice

Hi all,

I am about to setup a small system based on an integrated 211 tube with vinyl as the main source. Please give me your input on what are the options available for a 211 tube integrated amps?

Cheers,
rush1

Showing 4 responses by david12

The Solista is a wonderful amp, been using it for 4 years, but the ouitput valves are 845. It has 211 valves but as rectifiers. They certainly sell under $4500 used.
No I have'nt heard the NAF, I think it is more expensive than the Solista and the Mastersound, cheaper. All are from Italy, 845 SET's and have a good rep. They all appear at times on the Gon. Be careful imprting and changing voltage. I bought mine in the US and changed it easily to European 220 volts, but it was too much for UK 240volts, After blowing capacitors and tubes, it had to return to Italy for new transformers, costly.
Rush1
At the moment I am using Acoustic Zen adagios and even at 89db, the 22watt Solista drives them easily. I have my eyes on the small outfit Ridge Street Audio Sasons, a 2 way standmount made of granite! Their cables are great and the speakers really look very interesting.
David
Rush 1
No experience with DIY, but there are some excellent kits around. I live in the UK, so listening will envolve a long trip, hopefully to RMAF. I am chatting with Robert and Steve at Ridge Street