2014 CES News: ARC Showcases New CD-6

Just read that ARC is showcasing a new digital player, the CD-6. If anyone gets a chance to visit the ARC room and catches the new CD-6, please share your thoughts and reactions. Also pricing. Thanks
bifwynne

Showing 2 responses by djcxxx

My two cents. I also have a CD8 and 5SE combo and for redbook there isn't anything better unless one gets into exotic separates. If it were me and I was set on getting into digital while retaining redbook CD quality playback I'd add a high quality DAC w/ all the digital features and retain the CD8 in its unmolested status into the 5SE. Doesn't have to be ARC either. I would not give up the tube front end of the CD8 for my CDs.
Yes I do think the CD9 a CD8 w/ enhanced digital capacities. I did not think the CD9 was sonically in another league, but it could be argued the CD9 had only a couple of hundred hours on the clock. But I think you get my drift about keeping the CD8 for redbook and expanding digital capabilities w/ a separate component that could be purchased for far less than ARC sells its gear. What makes the CD8 sonically special is the tube analog stage, the digital section is excellent but others do it arguably as well for less money. Personally I think ARC has reached the end of the their line w/ the CD8 and rebook playback.