1955-2001 Favorite Top Ten Rock Groups

To get a better feel for the types of people on this site, IYHO, what are your favorite rock artists top tenwise. I just like to know.
shubertmaniac

Showing 2 responses by mes

This is about as varied as favorite audio gear, and as eclectic, and that's good. Just a nod to Jeffloistorca and Kthomas,T-HIP not only make great records but are a real treat live. Am I blind or is Van Morrison not mentioned above?
Kthomas-The Hip tour nearly incessantly, however it's usually not heavily advertised and at small venues-unless it's in Canada where they sell out stadiums. They've only just started to catch on in the US, although where I'm from in the Cleveland area, they're huge and I've been catching them yearly since 91. Lately, they've been here twice yearly. Check out www.thehip.com for info and concert schedules etc. They are truly one of the best and most entertaining shows on the road. Gordie lives in his own universe on stage, and the musicianship is impeccable. I think they're on hiatus presently, but an album should be forthcoming with the tour to ensue. Catch em if you can. Check the website out sometime. Mark