100v,115v versus 230v

Some audio technicians/ enthusiasts claiming that, high end audio equipment performs much better european 220/230v even 240 UK  voltage if that's the case why USA 110V / 120 volt AC ?
128x128sabih
"That’s why electronic technicians keep one hand behind their back when working
on circuits with high voltages."

Wouldn't they be safer by disconecting from power?
@jea48= "I doubt any audio equipment designer/manufacturers would agree with you that feeding their equipment 240Vac is better than 120Vac for the sound from their audio equipment."

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2572/6926/files/XPA_HC-1_User_Manual_v10.pdf?30550
Glupson.
Of courseit’s safer with power off. But often units must be kept powered so that internal voltages, etc, can be checked. That’s when it’s best to keep one hand out of play.
ditusa133 posts  

08-16-2020 
 9:02pm  

@jea48= "I doubt any audio equipment designer/manufacturers would agree with you that feeding their equipment 240Vac is better than 120Vac for the sound from their audio equipment."

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2572/6926/files/XPA_HC-1_User_Manual_v10.pdf?30550

It sure does!
7. IEC Power Cord Receptacle.

The XPA HC-1 can be powered by any receptacle that provides between 100 VAC and 250 VAC at 50/60 Hz. This receptacle accepts a standard removable IEC AC power cable (a high-quality commercial power cable is included).

Note: The XPA HC-1 will provide excellent performance and exceptional sound quality with any line voltage between 100 VAC and 250 VAC; however, for the absolute ultimate in performance, a 230 VAC line is recommended.
I noticed it has a Switched Mode Power Supply.
Why the designer/manufacturer recommends 230Vac? Maybe to eliminate the possibility of AC Line voltage drop. It would be interesting to see a schematic wiring diagram of the power supply of the amp.

As the current approaches 100 milliamps, ventricular fibrillation of the heart occurs - an uncoordinated twitching of the walls of the heart's ventricles which results in death.

Above 200 milliamps, the muscular contractions are so severe that the heart is forcibly clamped during the shock. This clamping protects the heart from going into ventricular fibrillation, and the victim's chances for survival are good.

https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/physics/p616/safety/fatal_current.html   

@ JEA48= Your right about the (SMPS.) It was my thinking to. But my amps, are not (SMPS.) The amps i have are a crown studio refs one, emotiva xpa 1 gen2 mono blocks, emotiva xpa1L gen2 mono blocks. They are SS class AB amps. In my audio rig (to my ears) they sound better on 230V then 115V. That is what i said in my first post. I wanted to know if any one experienced the same thing. Cables and power cords in my audio rig make no change in sound..0. But the voltage did.! At a cost of $300.00. I was hoping the audio engineers on the audiogon form might know why.? I have not tried this with my tube amps, (yet.) The dual force called electricity is the most powerful force in the universe.. Thanks for the info on line frequency 50/60 Hz i did not know that...Mike
Thank you all participated members & contributors , a part from safety aspects of AC  mains 120 or 230/ 240 volt, only a few audiophiles commented on benefits or advantages of running Audio equipment 230/240 volt. (ditusa  I run my amps on 230Vac.They sound better. (Improved speed and better transient response.)  which I totally agree with him , after peeling the layers decided to install 240 volt AC  mains in my new home rather then converters or step up/down devices thanks to  (JEA48 Jim.) and Ditusa how easy to install 240 volt US homes also plenty info on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h2XsKgkFCo
remaining problem is voltage fluctuation in US Voltage can go up to 124 volt or higher even below 120 volt , similar problem in UK  voltage can go up well above 240 even well below 240v depending on peak time, tv , washing machine etc , etc, I  believe oversize transformers may able to coop with this , but for standard transformers it may be a problem can anyone suggest adding voltage stabilizer resolve this issue.