100v,115v versus 230v

Some audio technicians/ enthusiasts claiming that, high end audio equipment performs much better european 220/230v even 240 UK  voltage if that's the case why USA 110V / 120 volt AC ?
128x128sabih

Showing 10 responses by ditusa

@ JEA48= Your right about the (SMPS.) It was my thinking to. But my amps, are not (SMPS.) The amps i have are a crown studio refs one, emotiva xpa 1 gen2 mono blocks, emotiva xpa1L gen2 mono blocks. They are SS class AB amps. In my audio rig (to my ears) they sound better on 230V then 115V. That is what i said in my first post. I wanted to know if any one experienced the same thing. Cables and power cords in my audio rig make no change in sound..0. But the voltage did.! At a cost of $300.00. I was hoping the audio engineers on the audiogon form might know why.? I have not tried this with my tube amps, (yet.) The dual force called electricity is the most powerful force in the universe.. Thanks for the info on line frequency 50/60 Hz i did not know that...Mike
I run my amps on 230Vac.They sound better. (Improved speed and better transient response.) I also have dual voltage plugs in my audio rig. I can switch from 100Vac to 250Vac @ any time. Remember 230Vac is half the amps as 115Vac....Just try it....
@ BUCKHORN_CORTEZ, BRILLIANT! That is what i did. Now i can run any amp in my rig. From 125V/250V/30A.
@ JEA48..Thank’s Jim. One of my mono block amp’s draw’s, 1500 Watt’s @ 230V/6.Amp’s,@ 8ohm. ( Per your space, heater example.) GREAT...The wall plug is a leviton ( 5842-I.) Amp cord is a NEMA 6-20p to C-13 power cord,15A/250V 14/3 AWG 1ft long...
Every one in the USA has 240 Volts @ the pole YES. They had it Be for Millercarbon was on the earth....
@jea48= "I doubt any audio equipment designer/manufacturers would agree with you that feeding their equipment 240Vac is better than 120Vac for the sound from their audio equipment."

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2572/6926/files/XPA_HC-1_User_Manual_v10.pdf?30550
@ SABIH I do not use a ( step up /down transformer. ) My amps are voltage sensing. What ever voltage they see that is what they run on....Min/100V.Max/250V....
@ SABIH  (JEA48 Jim.)  Answered your question. When you get to Maine call a electrician. It is beyond this post for me to tell you how to run a 230V line in your house.  Or ask JEA48 Jim. He will know more about then i do. Good luck in Maine..