1/4'' ding / chip on a glossy black speaker

.....I called some piano repair professionals and they would not touch it .....any ideas ?????
garebear

Showing 4 responses by zd542

"06-05-15: Rodman99999
Like I said, "Unless your cabinet is metal: forget about it!" That DOES allow for the possibility of the OP's cabinet being metal."

I didn't mean to snap at you. Sorry.
Before you do anything you'll need to find out what kind of paint is on the speaker and if it has a clear coat. Once you have that, try a body shop and/or a place that does powder coating.
"06-05-15: Wolf_garcia
Try black auto touchup paint (usually in the little glass vial with a small brush). I've used this to touch up a black electric guitar ding and it can work. Use multiple coats and wet sand with small grit followed by some car wax to fine finish it."

Something like that can work but you must know what kind of paint is on the speaker before you start. Its very common to come across different types of paint that won't work together.
"Power coat? LOL! Power coatings are electrostatically
applied(sprayed/surface has to conduct electricity) and then
baked, at almost 400 degrees(F). Unless your cabinet is
metal: forget about it! "

How do you know the OP doesn't have metal cabnets? My best friend had his Meridian 8000's fixed at a shop that did powder coating. I assume his speakers were metal; the Meridians that I had were.

I said this for a reason.

"Something like that can work but you must know what kind of paint is on the speaker before you start."