How do you ship large items? Help

Yeah, I want to buy these very large speakers from someone in Audiogon, but he does not have the boxes or crate that they were shipped in. I talked to UPS frieght and they told me that large, heavy items must be on a pallet, secured and wrapped before they would accept it. How would i go about finding a pallet and then securing it to the pallet and wrapping? Is there such a service that will professionaly pack items like this? Ive never had to deal with something like this so im totally lost here. The speakers weigh 250lbs each and are over 60 inches high. I quess i could drive there myself, but its 1100 miles away!!
Not your average day trip ya know? Any help would be appreciated here. If i can't find a solution i just won't be able to buy them, but it is a good deal! Thanks all!
bathory_127
Hey,everybody wants to live,nobody wants to die.Nobody wants to drive 1100 unless ....Some good stories about shippers.This has been enlightening.I like Alberts story,pays to be creative.I wonder what you'll do....as you can see,we are hoping it all works out.Good luck,Bob
Kennyt: Point taken. Tiered shipping rates either works for or against the buyer, depending.

I just think Bathory127 should find out on which tier he lands before commiting, which I'm sure he'll do. With diesel above $4.00 a gallon, it isn't going to be cheap in either case. I, too, think Albertporter has the right idea. If you're going to spend the money on shipping, you might as well have some fun doing it.
Look into some of the 'white glove' carriers. Most can be located via google.
Long ago I twice shipped 350 lbs./side Duntech Sovereigns by Mayflower technical division. At the time they focused on shipping computer equipment. They arrived, wrapped the speakers in furniture blankets, loaded them, and secured them to the walls of the van. Both pairs arrived with absolutely no problems. I learned of this company from Burt White, so you know how long ago this was. I have no idea whether the company still exists.
Thank you all for your help, The seller found a company, Bekins I believe and they crate and pack everything so I will just have to wait and see how this will all turn out. I hope they are not damaged when I receive them for I really want these speakers and I would never be able to buy them new. I did contact PBN about getting original crates but the seller said it was taken care of. I hope sooo!!!