Mapleshade brass tubedampers

Just wondering if anyone has used these,I would like to know what effect they have on the sound.Also how do they compare to others.Thinking about trying some in my preamp.Also you are welcome to comment on ease of use ect.
musik35
The cheapest solution is the Silicon o-rings that you can get at McMaster. If you do some search on Tweak Asylum, you can find the information on the diameters for various tubes. Signal tube benefit the most from dampers. Several of my buddies have compared the McMaster o-rings and Hal-O dampers. The Hal-O damper has more air and details.

FrankC
O rings are certainly a cheap fix, grounded lead sheet is better and also cheap, but the massive brass ones are in a different league.
Dopogue,

you can make your own brass tube anchors, if you want, for more than it'll cost you to buy them, but they're still better that O rings. I've compared them. I'm as interested in cheap elegant answers as much as the next guy but it doesn't always work that way.
I don't need to make them. I already own them. I just don't use them any more. Lord knows I gave them a good shot.