Mapleshade brass tubedampers

Just wondering if anyone has used these,I would like to know what effect they have on the sound.Also how do they compare to others.Thinking about trying some in my preamp.Also you are welcome to comment on ease of use ect.
musik35
Usblues,

I have no intention of hiding that I'm a dealer. I just feel my experience is just as valid and actually no more biased than anyone else here. I post here to share my experience and learn what I can. I call em like I see em and have plenty of folks who share my experience. I understand the assumption of guilt but bear in mind it is an assumption on your part. No harm meant and no harm taken.
Piedpiper,you are correct about your experiences and thoughts on these products regardless of others and theirs.We all are equal in what we hear.I am guilty of assuming the worst as you say without having any investment in whats selling here.Its not my place to control your dealings or anybody else here.I sometimes get tired of unwanted pitches thru the media and elsewhere and was irrationally reacting when I should'nt have.I would bid you good luck in your ventures and be moving on,Bob
Thanks, Bob. It's very kind of you. At this point at least, I don't typically get sales from Audiogon. Like most of us here, I contribute out of passion, which is also why I, and most dealers, got into this business. I simply share my pursuit of good sound with my customers as well. Not really that different.
The O ring idea fascinates me. it should be easy to figure out the problem is yo need somethe between the ring and the tube. Also if you could get them to cut short sections of reasonably large rings that can be sealed off you can make resonance dampers for speakers . I think resonance is good, as long as it does yield a distorted sound. I tell yo what we can find a smelter oif led to fill them have plastic caps melted onto the ends add a layer of iso damp and cork then prl kitchen flooring and finally a cup of ball bearings and charge 300% more than the cost.