Wife/girlfriend or audio: if you had to chose?

Say your wife or girlfriend (no kid involved) asked you to drop your passion for audio, sell your system and settle for a Bose Wave box - because she thinks that your hobby is a barely grown-up kid toy story that needs to stop (either invasive or expensive or just ridiculous to her friends and family).
What do you do? keep wife/girlfriend or your gear?
Just respond: Audio or Wife and in brackets years of relationship...

Audio (21)!
beheme
Now you've done it. This is sure to be everywhere you look at the next CES. It is in Vegas after all.
Beheme, sorry to take your thread into another direction. Really, I know a guy who used to own a hi-end audio dealer and recently he talked about hi-end "coffee shop" with hi-end sounds, serving fine Cognac by hi-maintenance-waitress. Black jackets required.It is amazing how "great mind" has the same thouhgt.
The only difference between that guy and me is that he made it happen. As to whether this makes sense or not - as much as this thread - is another debate. At the risk of hearing anymore pseudo-romantic whining by emotionally challenged mammals, we'd rather hijack this thread for real and fun.
Audio (31) All good.

First wife (18) ten of those were good. Not 10 in a row, which kept things interesting.

Girlfriend (6) All good.

I bought her dance lessons for Xmas. Goes a lot farther than any diamond I have purchased! It requires effort on my part (women seem to love that)

Soooo then I bought a pair of speakers and a tube amp for being so thoughtful.

Life is very good the second time around!!

Oh the question. Round 1 Audio (1) Wife (0)
Round 2 looks like a tie. Ask me again in 12 years
Look women are like tube systems; they need constant attention and make noises all the time and you can't figure out where the noise is coming from and biasing sometimes becomes futile......

So I went solidstate (and wish I had the patience and time for tubes) and still date...... my view is get all your toys in order and then compromising later is less of an issue because they know what they are getting into...

Plus catching your girlfriend surfing on the tabletpc while watching the 103" projector and talking on the VOIP phone with a glass a wine.... You know she isn't going to ask you to get rid of technology... Oh yeah make sure to get her a bluetooth wireless headset for her cellphone...