She's on to me

I got home from work today and my wife said "do we have new speakers or something?" "What do you mean?", I say. "Well, the stereo has been on all day and you don't usually leave it on, unless there's a reason." "No we don't have new speakers! Do they look new? I just forgot to turn it off before I left for work". However, I said nothing about the pre-amp I just bought or the cables that I was burning in. ; )

She's getting smart.
ecruz
Tvad-
Been married 16 yrs with two kids. Like I said, some of you have taken this WAY too seriously. Aren't we suppose to be having fun?
Post removed 
No harm. It's hard to convey exactly what I'm thinking and what my emotions are thru a computer screen. I understand it can it can be interpreted many different ways.

Enjoy,
E-
Methinks it wasn't the new gear you were trying to 'hide' from your better half, but the fact that you were sereptitiously burning-in cables and an amp. Assuming your non-audiophile wife is as intelligent as you imply (after all, she apparently recognizes the reality of breaking-in speakers), this was probably the way to go. However, don't think for a second that she didn't really know your explanation was BS and is just being kind ;^)
Ecruz, my wife and I met in kindergarten and we've been married 20 years with three great kids. I loved your post! Have fun.