PS Audio Noise Harvester

Hi,

I just ordered a PS Audio Noise Harvester and I would like to know people's experince with the PS Audio Noise Harvester and the improvement in sound. Does it work also with a 220V system?

Thanks!

Thierry
vongphat
I am also skeptical, but at the price it might be worth trying. At least it can function as test gear, even if there is no effect on the sound quality.

The supposed effect of AC power noise is a mystery to me. I have a light over my turntable which is plugged into power from a dimmer. Dimmers are supposed to be a disaster near audio equipment: I expected to turn the light off while listening. However, the dimmer has absolutely no effect on the audio equipment. None. Nada.

This is a relatively new dimmer. I have another decades-old dimmer installed in a portable junction box that I use for powering christmas tree lights. (If you drop the voltage a bit the bulbs last much longer). It causes a bad buzz.

There are dimmers, and there are dimmers.
eldartford,
Is it one light on the dimmer above the turntable?

I have found that the more lights on the dimmer the worse it is. The fact that there are 13 lights on one dimmer is a disaster. If you only have one or two that is way less garbage going into the line.
Freemand...Just one low wattage bulb above the TT, so maybe you explained it. However, dimmers that I have purchased lately make claims about not generating noise.
I just purchased one on a lark.... the thing flashes like crazy... frequency changes so something is going on. How does it sound, or improve my system? Nada. Nothing. Not worth it. Cool concept.
PeaceBruce in Philly
I thought they had a negative effect and sat on the music. And this was using them in PS Audio's own power distributor.

On the other hand, my experience of the Nordost Qv2, Alan Mayer Designs filters and MIT Z-Duplex all had a positive effect.