Where to buy MDF board?

Thinking about building a rack (as I have not been able to find any in the $500 range) and don't know where you can buy MDF board. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well as suggestions for any other kind of material, thanks, Richard
rspark
Rspark
Sorry if I am sounding rough but in my opinion a person who does not know a source to buy MDF is NOT a do it yourselfer and therefore ,don't try building one.It will cost you hours of work and probably it won't look the bussiness either,Just buy from a rack company and save your self the hassle.I did bulind my own aluminum rack but I got most of the commercialy avalaible tools in my garage plus I am in the construction work for years.Still it was a challenge and did hit my thumb hard and was sore for weeks.How?
A little scary but while cutting 1/2 thick aluminum on my chop saw ,I forced the 10 inch blade a little harder and with no lubricant,and the cut off piece went flying ,hiting my thumb.The blade at 90$ was warped and thrown away after only few cuts.
So my point is if you are not comfortable with power tools just let go and buy ready made .
Thanks
Regards
George
Sorry George - I can't agree with you at all. If you can get Home Depot to cut the MDF to your desired size, the rest is just drilling holes, painting - not all too hard. I say "go for it" and be proud of what you make.
Easy to work with, great for routering, takes paint very well (except for edges). If you are planning on placing heavy amps on it I'd strongly recommend looking at other options.
Rspark, You couldn't find a website for Rainwater Audio because there is isn't one. But here's the phone number: 843-665-6113.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I left a message with Rainwater Audio to find out what their prices are (found their website-criticalmasssystems.com). But people seem please with the Sanus euro--but I don't think the tubes are fillable with sand or lead shot. Any other experience with the Sanus sand would be appreciated, Thanks, Richard