Music volume? What about your sound level?

Just got a Rat Shack sound level meter and find it interesting.I think I listen to my music pretty loud, but wonder about others of us.

Average listening levels 78-82 db
When I turn it up 84-90 db

Wonder how this compares to you folks.

Bill
128x128grannyring
Good thread. Having just moved to a condo with (sad to find this out AFTER buying) paper walls, I find that 70 - 75 dB is about as loud as I can go without being a nuisance to others. This is not nearly as loud as I would like to have it.
Saturday, my neighbor downstairs who constantly complains about the "noise" (this is a guy who bangs on the ceiling when I'm playing Beethoven Cello sonatas at 75 dB at 8:30 PM. Nice guy, huh?) decided to drown me out with his stereo. I turned my stereo off, and got out the radio shack SPL meter. His stereo was playing at 75 dB in MY house. I wonder what the level was in his house?

Audiophiles, a word of advice. Do WHATEVER YOU CAN to find out the sound insulation efficiency of any multi-unit dwelling BEFORE you buy.

Cheers.
TFKAUDIO.

i had a pile of dung neighbor like yours about 15 years ago,we lived in a 2 story apt house that I OWNED & we rented out the first floor while we lived in the apartment upstairs.

my downstairs tennant constantly complained about the music & he did one of your neighbors numbers where he tried to drown me out with his stereo at 3:30 am,i got up & put my speakers on end tables with the drivers facing the floor & let him have it real good,we never had that discussion again.
LOL Bigjoe,

If you can achieve 130 db SPL levels then I wouldn't want a stereo war with ya!