How do they do it????????????

I have bought and sold speakers from Canada and both times there was damage done to the speakers. The boxes both times were in perfect shape with no visable damage. The speakers I shipped to Canada was double boxed at UPS'S demand to cover insurance. Does Customs go into the boxes and remove the speakers looking for drugs or a nuke bomb? The tape both times looks the some as when shipped. Does Customs or UPS have different tapes so when they destroy something they can match the tape to the original tape?
Any thoughts?

Gary
128x128glory
Damage done to Audio Note AX2'S, the predrilled holes for inserting the screws to hold the speaker to the cabinet was torn up making them twice the size as they should have been.
The screws were still in the holes. Taking the speaker off is the only why to look inside.
Mirage center speaker. Tha front corner was smashed in.
They are very skilled at destroying without damage to the boxes. Must be an art of some form or years of working for UPS or Customs and gaining such a skill that keeps the box in perfect shape and destroying whatever is in it.
Yes this happens all the time in the US also. The box was dropped flush on one side. The impact was even on one full side which jars or shocks the contents inside without damaging the box. Has happen to me on both deliveries and shipments. No sign of box damage but the amps, speakers - whatever damaged.

If dropped a good distance the inside component really gets a quick jolt.

Bill
I shipped Meadowlark Blue Heron 2's in original heavy duty wooden crates, from Northern California to Vancouver, British Columbia. Customs did open them and in the process damaged a very expensive tweeter. The Audiogon buyer in Vancouver was brushed aside by customs folks and we had to split the cost of the repairs. Customs folks routinely open these boxes and are notoriously careless. I won't ship to Canada again.
Joe
I'm with you Joe, never again will I ship to Canada. Nothing against the Goner's of Canada but I'm not hanging around for strike three.
I do think Shandorne has a point on his drug smelling dogs.
you made a mistake. you shipped ups. 'nuff said. they have the highest damage rate in the industry. they are careless and hate canada as well.