Beautiful Equipment Stands?

Other than Rix Rax, I'm looking for suggestions for beautiful equipment stands. Suggesstions please, cost not that important...

Thanks for your help, and my wife thanks you :)
grandpoobah
I've always liked Rix Rax in photos, but when I saw them in person I wasn't that impressed. They're well made, but they're not as elegant as they appear in photos. They're much beefier looking in reality. And the automotive influence is definitely evident. But then again, that may be a good thing.

When it comes to choosing a rack I waver between the two extremes, wood and metal. I own both Zoethecus and SolidSteel. What a confused slant headed green bastard I am.
Gunbei, that may be the case for the RixRax Hoodoo, but the Sonata is another story entirely. To my eyes it's the quintessence of grace.

IMO there are very few racks out there that have the elegance needed to function as furniture while fulfilling their sonic mission. For me that means something beyond a simple rectangular form (no matter how nice the wood), and no shiny metal or glass, except possibly as accents. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Gliderguider, you may be on to something, because it was in fact the Hoodoo and amp stand I saw in person. I was turned off by the massive square auto-painted metal frame and super thick overly lacquered wood platforms.

In pictures, the Sonata looks like something Leonardo might have created plans for or Jules Verne could have invisioned. Pretty cool. I'd like to see one in person.

When I saw the pARTicular racks at CES a few years ago I was surprised at how small they actually were. They just seemed so much bigger and substantial in the photos.

I visited an Audiogoner's house a few weeks ago to deliver an amp he'd purchased from me. What surprised me was how nice the black $70 Ikea Lack bookshlef looked sitting on its side. It was a very classy and unintrusive center piece to his audio rig.