Animal damage to system

After a hard day of work all I wanted to do was relax and watch a movie. I was 2 seconds into the movie and the protection circuit of the receiver activated. Come to find out that the cat had chewed all 3 of the front speaker cables, 1 phone line and 2 coax cables. What kind of damage have you experienced with animals and your system?
nerspellsner
Back in an earlier life I had 4 stacked Advents. My cat at the time, Tony, thought the grillcovers made great scratching posts. One time I absent mindedly left the the covers off and he decided the woofers felt pretty good on his claws. Those woofers had weak foam surrounds anyway. When I turned the stereo on the woofers broke free. Didn't sound too good. My present cats have never shown any interest whatever in destroying my stuff.
I would only recommend using the coyote urine if your system is outside. The stuff smells horrible and one drop goes a long way.
If you ever face such problem and animals are creating trouble for you the Best idea is call the Pest control Exterminator.
bed bug treatments CT
A raccoon climbed a power pole up-line from my place where he proceeded to electrocute himself. While short circuiting the lines, there was a power surge sent to my transformer which sent about 240 volts into my place. The lights flickered, then dimmed. I shot to the breaker box and shut the master off. But the smell of burning electronics was already in the air. The system was on at the time.
The only casualty (besides the 'coon) was a Monster Power Powercenter getting fried while it saved everything plugged into it. There was nothing else in the house affected by the surge. The power co. confirmed the smoldering, crispy 'coon was the problem.
I had a customer whose cat climbed up his gas filled Dayton Wright electrostatic speakers - 12000 volts up its proverbial before the gas got it.
Also had a business partner who borrowed some Apogees and let his budgerigar loose which flew into one of them.
And another customer whose cat peed through his tube preamp whilst it was on.