Vibration control question....

If I have access to a 18"x12"x3" block of granite for my CD player, would it be best to use spikes or can I keep using the vibrapods that I am using now ? Thanks in advance for any input.
muskrat
THE BEST THINGS THAT I HAVE COME ACROSS AND USE THEM ON GRANITE AS WELL AND FIND THEY ARE VERY NEUTRAL MEANING THEY OFFER NO SOUND OF THEIR OWN IS THE LAT INTERNATIONAL
VIBRA-KILLERS. I REPLACED MY STILLPOINT SYSTEM WITH THESE. AT 39.95 FOR 3 LARGE ONES THEY ARE A BARGAIN. THEY ALSO DO NOT TRANSFER VIBRATIONS DOWN TO THE NEXT COMPONET AS THE MATERIAL THEY USE CONVERTS THE ENERGY FROM VIBRATIONS INTO HEAT. IT ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO PLACE A COMPONENT ON TOP OF ANOTHER ONE AND THERE IS NO TRANSFER OF ENERGY OR VIBRATION TO THE COMPONENT BELOW. I ALSO DO NOT LIMIT THEM TO GRANITE AS THEY SOUND OR HAVE NO SOUND PLACED ON ANYTHING. CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE, IF YOU CALL THERE ASK FOR LOU.

BILL L.
Have you ever been to the AudioPoints website and looked at reviews on the Audio Points and Sistrum stands http://www.audiopoints.com/reviews.html?

This is what I use with fantastic results!

Chuck
Thorman, Did you try the coupling disc for use beneath the point, or just the Audiopoint directly onto the granite surface?
If using granite, try sticking linoleum to the underside, which can be an effective way to damp vibrations without sucking the life out of the music. Try cones or tiptoes in addition, the material of which depends upon what's underneath.
Brian
Millenium,is the transfer from energy to heat using these LAT vibra-killers explained clearly?I need to learn more about this as my curiousity[SP] is piqued.Thanks for your time and energy and sorry for hijacking this thread,Bob