Richard Green room tune?

Has anyone used the freestanding Richard Green room tune or tune packs acoustical treatements? To what results? I'm looking to tame the brightness in my 11 x 15 room.
dgplo
Robm, you are correct that these products are not based on rocket science. They are not inventing new substances with magical acoustical properties. Rather it is fundamental principles applied well in an attractive package including convenient mounting brackets at a reasonable price. They are designed for those who don't have the time, skills, confidence, and/or resources to go DIY. I built my own amp but I would rather pay for these products. Working with fiberglass is something I want no part of.

Trelja, I looked around at Jon Risch's stuff and don't see where he covers the same ground as these corner treatments. Of course the discussion on the absorption properties of the different materials applies, but his stuff is either designed to trap bass frequencies or (in direct contradiction to the Eighth Nerve philosophy) to put absorption at reflection points.

Let us know how your's work out. Pictures would be nice.
Herman, it's funny, but now I also CANNOT find the DIY Room Tunes information on the Jon Risch site. Although, I can still find other sites discussing his creation.

Anyway, the material of choice for the fabric he found to be burlap. Just about every other fabric was too reflective to do the job of absorption. Ah, but these things should often BE reflective, yes? Yes! That is why on one side, the devices contain a layer of polymer that provides that. You end up with one side that will reflect well, and the other which will absorb well. You try both in your setting, and go with the one that suits your environment, needs, tastes, etc. best.

While polyester batting was listed as the stuffing material, several knowledgeable members here have steered me in the direction of long hair carded wool as being superior to that, as well as foam and fiberglass. One thing I didn't mention is that it is going to have to be mothproofed, which should always be done in these circumstances.

The hard part will be the methodology in testing the effectiveness of the project. I don't just want to throw everything up in the room and sit down and listen. Rather, I intend to do this in stages, judging the effectiveness and need of each area and device in my room.

Pictures are no problem...
I look forward to the results. I have a few questions.

What are you going to use for the reflective side?

Is the carded wool better than condensed fiberglass?

What is the purpose of life? (sorry got carried away)
Funny, Robm321!!!

Unfortunately, I am one of the last anyone should be asking what the meaning of life is. Rather than giving a philosophical pile of mumbo jumbo about this or that, or a purely technical one like, "To propagate the species.", my answer would be along the lines of loud music, fast cars, and even faster women...

Anyway, some very knowledgeable people have told me in their experience of doing this kind of thing, and trying many a material, both foam and fiberglass seem to add an unnatural tonality to the sound. Wool, however, does not. In addition, in their opinion, the spectrum of attenuation it delivers is better than the other materials as well.

The reflective side is achieved by using sheets of polyethylene behind the burlap. Another tip was to use a fabric other than burlap on one side of the device, as they all proved to be on the reflective side according to Jon.

Some fun, eh???
jon risch wall panels Hope the link comes out o.K. I have made some of these but alas they are difficult to make pretty...they are still in the garage waiting for the final touches, ( covering ). I do have one behind one speaker where bass sounds boomy , seems to help. next step? They got to look good before they are going in my living room.