Testicle Tumor

I hope the moderators approve this.
I was diagnosed yesterday with a testicle tumor, I will have surgery on Friday and have my left thing extracted. It will be one week till I know if it's a ''good'' or bad tumor and I'm really scared.
Have any of you gone through this ?...and please if you've lost someone due to this please don't tell me.
foxtrot
As far as I know, they can do a ''quick'' biopsy, but the final word is given by the ''slow'' one so we went that way.
They did perform 3 CAT Scans abdomen, chest and pelvis and the chest one showed three small nodules in the lungs, between 7 and 2 mm. The doctor said to wait for the nut biopsy and then wait three months to see if the lung thing have changed.
It seems that usually testicle tumors spread to the linfatic nodules and/or stomach (I've really abstained from resarching too much on the net for now)...anyway, we'll see.
I'm confident about all this crap...I'm in the hands of God, my doctor and my family and friends.

All the best.
the small nodules inthe lungs are non-specific, statistically more likely related to prior infection than metastatic disease, especially if there were no enlarged lymph nodes near your kidneys (which is where testicular malignancies generally affect first).

Anyway, I am hopeful you got this thing beat already, 'cause even if the test turns out to be malignant, there's no real evidence of metastatic disease (though they would follow those tiny nodules just to make sure....
Foxtrot, glad your on the other side of this. You seem more relaxed as you should be. We'll be looking on the 26th for the outcome. Meanwhile, God's peace.
Today was the day.
the biopsy showed that the tumor was a mix between a seminoma and embrionary carcinoma, the area, artheries and veins around it where clean from cancerous cells which is good. But I still have three small spots in my lungs for which I have to wait two months before another round of CAT's, if they have grown it's bad, if they are smaller or gone very very good, because there a chance (hope it's big) that it could have been an inflamation due to any other cause.
He will anyway extract some parts of my lynfatic system in the stomach area just for precaution and those parts are useless anyway.

That's it for now, all the best !!!
More to discover