Testicle Tumor

I hope the moderators approve this.
I was diagnosed yesterday with a testicle tumor, I will have surgery on Friday and have my left thing extracted. It will be one week till I know if it's a ''good'' or bad tumor and I'm really scared.
Have any of you gone through this ?...and please if you've lost someone due to this please don't tell me.
foxtrot
Foxtrot,
Like everyone I wish you the best possible outcome and a speedy recovery. And not to sound trite, but music is a great restorer of the spirit, so keep the tunes flowing.
A dear friend lost a nut to cancer many years ago. He has since fathered 4 great boys. I hope all goes well for you.
Foxtrot,

I can't really add too much to what has already been posted. I think the medical advice and the stories of "It happened to me/him/her and I/he/she is still here" are right on and very valuable.

The one thing I will add is that I commend you for posting this and seeking input and talking about it. Fellas aren't real good at that generally, and we tend to down right suck at it when it invloves anything related to our notion of manhood. Whatever the trajectory of this is, you are over the first hurdle by realizing you will do better by leaning on some people to get through it. Too often folks say "God doesn't give you anything that you can't handle." That's bull. God gives us things that we can't handle all of the time. But God also gives us friends, spouses, parents, children, relatives, and audiophiles to help us handle them.

Post back. Let us know what's going on, so we can walk with you through the struggle and celebrate the victories with you.

Jerome
My cousin was diagnosed with testicular cancer a few years ago. It turned out to be malignant, but he went through all the usual therapies and came out of it fine. My best advice is to stay positive. I know--easier said than done. But there have been studies done that say mood can directly influence one's recovery from cancer. You may have one less nut, but it can be A LOT worse. I lost both parents, two aunts, two uncles, and one friend to cancer before I turned 30. Lean on your friends and relatives for support, pray for the best, and you'll be fine. And once you recover, fire up your system, and rejoice in how much more music you have to look forward to!
Thanks again guys, it really means a lot to me every single one of your comments, they indeed help to give me all the strenght I need right now.
I'm trying to figure now how should I name my new silicone buddy that will replace the bad one...

D Day is tomorrow Friday at 1500 (that's Santiago, Chile time * UTC +4)

Thanks again !!!
More to discover