Core Audio Server Ryan Mintz

Has anyone had any experience with Core Audio (Ryan Mintz)?

Or, has anyone had any good experiences, with either product quality, or customer service?

I purchased a server from him over a year ago.
For the limited amount of time I have been able to listen to it,
it has displayed no real sound quality difference compared to a stock Mac mini.

After hundreds of emails, shipping the server and/or power supply back and forth, and exchanging it for several different units, none of them will run for an hour without crashing...

Ryan has only made absurd claims, saying the warranty was void.

Is this an isolated case?

Frustrated consumer
snuffaluffagus
Hello Benjamin.

If you were responsible for R&D of CORE Audio power supplies then I must inform you that one of these (sold by CORE, I believe) to fellow audiophile and it "burnt" within first few days and was returned ...but no refund was issued.

I think you bear partial responsibility for poor design...

I wish you the best in audio but perhaps MOJO Audio should stay away from power supplies design and manufacturing...

Musica Pristina Virtuoso server I bought a few months ago (also with external power supplies, I believed designed by highly respected Spectron Audio) did not give me a SINGLE problem - not in software not in hardware. NONE !!!

I feel rather upset that months ago, I was considering purchase of the server from you and Ryan and have corresponded with him and just by luck I escaped all these horrors that others describe here.

There are too many companies coming from who knows where without any roots, any reputation and they SELL !!!!
Hi Dob,

I only did the R&D for Core Audio Technology up until the spring of 2011.

Any power supply you purchased that has Core Audio on the faceplate after the spring of 2011 was not one that was shipped from my shop built to my specifications.

By the summer of 2011 Ryan and I had decided to split up the company but had not agreed on the terms of the partnership dissolution. I had nothing to do with the operation of Core Audio in any way by the summer of 2011.

I was no longer involved in any way with Core by the fall of 2011 when our partnership was legally dissolved.

Certainly if you had one of the PSUs I manufactured for Core Audio and later rebranded as Mojo Audio I could understand you linking me to the design and/or manufacture. If it doesn't say "Mojo Audio" on the face plate it likely didn't come from my shop.

When did you buy this PSU and from whom?

It certainly wasn't me - if you had you would have gotten a new one shipped out to you priority without delay.

Then again, I don't know of any Mojo Audio PSU that has ever burned out.

Does anybody have one?

Has ANYONE ever asked me, Benjamin Zwickel, owner of Mojo Audio, for a refund on ANY product and have been refused anything but 100% of the full price paid minus shipping?

I didn't think so...

I have a PILE of early Core Audio PSUs that are loosely based in my designs that were made by Ryan from the fall of 2011 well into the middle of 2012. They come from dissatisfied customers who claim Ryan never honored his warranties. These customers tell me they got PSU after PSU from Ryan that either didn't work or burned out after a short while.

Like wise men all know: "there are three sides to every story."

I can't speak for anything that went on between Ryan and these customers but what a bunch of @#$% these PSUs they sent me are.

Unless you purchased the PSU from me and/or it says "Mojo Audio" on it you can not associate that product with me or my company. There is no telling WHAT was done by Ryan to anything I built and he later sold.

~Benjamin Zwickel
Owner, Mojo Audio
Ben,
It was purchased from Core Audio in 2012. I do associate you with this PSU because of your own words that it was your R&D...

To be honest, I have not heard anything negative associated with Mojo Audio
Dob.
Just because Ben did the original R&D does not mean he can be held accountable with what the Manufacture screwed up in assembly after he left and any changes to his original design that were made that he had no over sight. You said it yourself, "To be honest, I have not heard anything negative associated with Mojo Audio".

For Peters sake, the guy made a mistake in a partnership, rectified it and has moved on.
Dob,
You can have something R&D by Einstein but if a monkey put it together it'd be monkey poo.

Sorry for the gross analogy, but you get my point. :-p