Converting FLAC to WAV and keeping tags?

Having read about and then experienced an audible difference between FLAC and WAV files it looks like I am going to have to decompress my 4000+ painstakingly organized and tagged albums...

However, the metadata, at least as recognized by foobar, seems to be stripped in conversion to WAV with DBpoweramp--Artist, album, genre etc. fields are blank. Is there any fix for this? What are my options?
abdodson
No offence at all to Ivan, but I think that Doggiehowser is right on that. Most people who do hear a difference like WAV better. I'm not saying they are right, but that its just seems to be popular opinion. For myself, I haven't done enough serious listening to have a solid opinion yet.
Ivan,

I wasn't trying to push that info on you in any way, I was just going by what seems to me, is popular opinion. Nothing more. I also forgot to mention one other format. Apple lossless. A lot of people seem to really like that one as well. If you are using iTunes for a player, it would make sense to give it a try. I don't know if any other players support it, though. For me its not an option because I use Linux.
AIFF is fairly universal. Like WAV, it is derived from an old Amiga IFF format and stores the data in lossless uncompressed.
Doggiehowser is correct on both posts. I've preferred WAV, but do not want to deal with the tagging issues. I use mostly AIFF, while keeping some WAVs.