Converting FLAC to WAV and keeping tags?

Having read about and then experienced an audible difference between FLAC and WAV files it looks like I am going to have to decompress my 4000+ painstakingly organized and tagged albums...

However, the metadata, at least as recognized by foobar, seems to be stripped in conversion to WAV with DBpoweramp--Artist, album, genre etc. fields are blank. Is there any fix for this? What are my options?
abdodson
"As a psychologist by trade, I have no doubt the difference I'm "hearing" could be illusory. Never the less..."

Andrew,

Its just my opinion/advice, but don't doubt yourself. Currently, there are a lot of people getting into audio by way of computer. When they find websites like this and look at what were talking about and buying, quite often their shocked because they are seeing high end audio for the first time. Most people aren't even aware that audio like this even exist. As a result of this, many new people try to "talk sense" to audiophiles. (I should mention that I have no idea if Lupinthe3rd is one of these people. I'm just talking in general.). Thats why I say don't doubt yourself. Who better to judge your system than you?
There seems to be 2 groups: those that say FLAC sounds better than WAV and those who say they hear no difference. But I find it somewhat interesting that virtually no one is saying that WAV sounds better than FLAC - as if most people were in agreement with that part.
you shall of course need to ensure that your digital signal cables are optimised for the format that you ultimately select otherwise you will not reap the full benefits of the conversion.
No offence at all to Ivan, but I think that Doggiehowser is right on that. Most people who do hear a difference like WAV better. I'm not saying they are right, but that its just seems to be popular opinion. For myself, I haven't done enough serious listening to have a solid opinion yet.