Amarra 2.3.2 vs Puremusic 1.82 playback software

I am running both Amarra & Puremusic on my system & for a day or two swapping between each. I find them both excellent.

I always preferred the sonics of Amarra in the past to the others i tried, but this latest Pm version sounds very good. It has a slightly denser image density than Amarra 2.3.

I think the latest Amarra offering is only just better in my system due to a silkiness & beauty in the highs. This may be due to the fact I use a Weiss DAC & Amarra is linked with Weiss.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed any differences between the sonics of these bits of software?
chadeffect
I have a Weiss DAC202 and both Amarra and Pure Music. I prefer the Amarra sound quality but don't like its buggy operation. Pure Music is less buggy but doesn't quite achieve the sound quality of Amarra. Having said that I could live happily with PM.
Hi Gsself,

There is something glorious in the Amarra sound. I wonder if that is because we are using Weiss DACs? I am interested in hearing from people who don't use Weiss products to see if it bring out something else.

I have had no bug problems so far with Amarra in its more recent forms. At one point around 2.0 I had issues. Aside from a random skip that would happen in Amarra 2.2 once in a while it has been solid.

PM is still very good & I read many preferred it to Amarra. I never have, but the 1.82 is very close in its likability.
The next issue of UHF Magazine, due out just before Christmas, will include a shootout between Amarra and Pure Music.