Long Coaxial audio run?

Would a 50ft. coaxial cable (Belden 1694) run from USB converter to DAC degrade the sound significantly?

Thank you for your consideration.
vvrinc
Audioengr
So who makes the optimal USB cable? And dac in your opinion to handle this for that matter?
Thanks
Undertow - here are two good USB cables:

Synergistic
Locus Design Axis

As for DAC's, they are all somewhat sensitive to the incoming jitter, even those with isolated free-running reclocking. In theory they shouldn't be, but they are. I know because I make reclockers and I mod a lot of DAC's. I also read a lot of anecdotal posts. Maybe it's power supply, RFI or ground-plane coupling causing this, I dont know.

I do know for a fact that lesser anti-jitter techniques such as ASRC chips are generally sensitive to incoming jitter. Making ANYTHING that totally rejects all incoming jitter is the holy grail and to my knowledge has never been achieved. Some manufacturers claim this, but when I hear their gear and do some cable swapping, I disprove these claims. They usually just need more resolving systems to hear this. I've been working on this problem for years and thought I had it licked. Closer than anyone has gotten before I believe, but still no cigar.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
I think I heard Audioengr's suggestion on a similiar post sometime back, about keeping USB cable length to a minimum, i.e. preferably 6' or less.

I'm running a benchmark DAC1 and couldn't agree more. I'm using a Belden gold USB 6' usb cable and when I substitute a 15' cable in it's place (same make), it honestly tames the dynamics. Very easy to tell the difference on acoustic tracks. I changed majors away from electrical engineering, so I can't wax on the technical aspects of why this is the case, but I wholeheartedly stand behind the viewpoint.

That said, it p@sses me off because I can't have the computer more than 6' from the DAC and amplifier it's tethered to, but it's a compromise for now.
Mb9061 Couldn't you go wireless with Squeezebox or something similar and eliminate the cable issue?