Apple vs PC for Music System

I'm pretty familiar with XP owning both a desktop and laptop. But I want to put together a similar system to the Apple TV Setup featured in the Absolute Sound and PS Audio.

However when looking at PCs at a local store they had a windows media computer that looked really interestesting that I'm considering purchasing for just audio into my Levinson DAC. I was told I could use an iPod Touch to control this system just like I could an Apple TV.
Also this system included a BluRay Disc drive. The setup looked very cool and very hi tech.

So to do this system right, should I stick with Apple only like the Absolute Sound or a combo of Apple w/PC to do the ripping, or all PC with Sata drives like the computer store would customize for me w/I-Tunes/iPod running the show?
128x128sgr
I am primarily a PC guy. I really enjoy building my own. I purchased my 1st Wavelength Audio DAC over two years ago. I stubbornly held out using a Mac as per Gordon's recommendation.

Today I own 2 Macs and many PCs. The Mac just sounds better for music. I have an iMac and MacBook Pro, and would never want to go back to XP Pro or Vista for my music.
Help me understand how this could matter? If one is sending data from either pc or mac to a dac (I'm using pc to Benchmark DAC1 USB), should they not both be sending the same data and then the dac is doing the work. I can understand if one is using an internal soundcard out to an amp but not with a dac.
Many people will tell you that the quality of your digital cable can influence what you hear and see too...

but I think this discussion is directed towards digital conversion occurring inside the computer, rather than using a Mac or PC as a server for raw digital data to an external DAC. Correct?
The operating system, USB drivers, and the way iTunes deals with Core Audio makes the difference. Vista is not bad; in fact it is quite good. I just prefer Apple OSX. Either you can hear it or it doesn't matter. You just have to try it.

It's not about sound. It's about politics.

How many Republicans work in recording studios?