TWEAKS for PC USB DAC SETUP

I’m wondering what others have done with their personal confusers & DACs using an USB interface.

I recently added more Bright Star iso nodes, small & large to see if some betterment could be had. I used the small ones under my USB HDD… and the large ones under the desktop…. MUCH IMPROVED!

Cleaner, clearer, and more discernable range articulation became evident.

I also use a PS Audio UPC 200 & Duet, for the desktop and some peripherals. That helps two ways… it makes the FILE playback better, and seems to aid the maind systems sonics too by helping to eliminate the influx of wall wart, printer, etc., from introducing artifacts to it.

Has anyone yet confirmed or dispelled the USB cable controversy?

With which USB cable are you running?

Anything you’ve done which has proven to exhibit audible enhancements to the overall sound waulity would be greatly appreciated to be disclosed here.
hdd format... ntfs, fat 32, Which RAID, etc.

Thanks very much.
blindjim
well Bill there's a catch with the BC D3 using USB... OR any of the other interfaces as well... It all has to be PCM info. via USB it has to be 16/44.1K. Period.

... and it's only 24/96 at best anyhow. No matter what.

So I use the ASIO for All driver as it does add to the overall.

Feeding the BC D3 24/96 would necessitate a PCI or USB SOUND CARD... kind of defeating the USB slot/aspect entirely.

In spite of the limitations, it's a mighty close call between the pc + D3 via USB, and the D3 + xa777 es. Mighty close. Definitely distictive diffs, one to the other, but I can sure live with things either way. CDP or PC.

Bill

"I wonder if it is better to have JRiver upsample or just
pass straight 16/44 to BC Dac 3 for the upsampling?"

Well after making some changes in the ouput device, and altering the output settings to 24/96, just to see... there is a definite change to the sound and the sound field... over the PC playback system.

I'll need a card which outputs those number via balanced or coaxial to employ the BC D3.... Got any suggestions on a card that won't break the bank and has that type of interface?

there was more articulation, and a larger field although some elements of the presentation were set back further into it. Overall, very pleasant however. Indeed.
Good to hear your experiences Jim.
I don't run computer straight to dac, but rather through the Slim Duet so I don't have any sound card acvice though. You may want to check the Head Fi site as they have computer as source as a forum. You may glean some info there.