Scott Nixon USBTD vs Wavelength Brick

I currently have a Scott Nixon usb dac, the jfet buffered version and was wondering what else was out there, not that the Nixon dac sounds bad or anything. Thanks.
orjazzm

The Crimson has really changed the playback landscape for me. The tridoe tubes present the most beautiful midrange I have ever heard in digital. SACD and DVD-A for me are just not as musically statisfying as listening to CDs ripped to my MacBook Pro hard drive. And yes, I preferred the Crimson to high-rez on my system. Naturally, this could be more of a comment on my hardware than the formats.

I have given up on SACD and DVD-A given the lack of support of the big labels. This is a personal thing and not a comment on high-rez.

For now, the quality of the sound, and the ability to access hundreds of CDs on the computer has sold me on computer server audio.
Jc51373, my system consists of Omega bipoles, Firstwatt F1, Modwright pre with the Scott Nixon usb dac and a denon 2900 as the sources. This is my first real speaker rig as I have been into headphones for a long time. All formats are played in stereo. Can't wait for the impressions, thanks.
Steve, I agree with you. I was pretty diehard about hi-rez myself, auditioned a few hi-end universal players but never pulled the trigger, but once I downloaded itunes and got a taste of how convenient it was, there was no turning back. However, you have to admit hi-rez has always sounded better than conventional redbook, despite it's lack of support, that's why I'm hoping the Cosecant can give me the fix I need.
You might consider the Brick, sounds like a better value for you and it sounds wonderful.
You may be right, however I'd probably do the same as you and get the Cosecant anyway.