Scott Nixon USBTD vs Wavelength Brick

I currently have a Scott Nixon usb dac, the jfet buffered version and was wondering what else was out there, not that the Nixon dac sounds bad or anything. Thanks.
orjazzm
Jc51373, I hope you didn't sell your Brick yet, I am very interested in your impressions on how it compares to the Cosecant.

Steve, you say you prefer the Crimson to hi-rez, was this also the case when you had the Cosecant? I have a few albums in both redbook and sacd/dvda and the hi-rez discs win hands down in everything, so it's hard for me to fathom that redbook could sound as good, thanks.
I will let you know how it compares...What is the rest of your system like? If you like upsampling, which can sound good, then you should look into something that can play those. I personally think those formats are a waste of time. Not to mention the proper presentation of any music performance is not in surround sound like DVD-A. Most music I have listened to comes from the front, maybe not out of two channels but from the front, and if you have a system dynamic enough to image you will hear what you should.

The Crimson has really changed the playback landscape for me. The tridoe tubes present the most beautiful midrange I have ever heard in digital. SACD and DVD-A for me are just not as musically statisfying as listening to CDs ripped to my MacBook Pro hard drive. And yes, I preferred the Crimson to high-rez on my system. Naturally, this could be more of a comment on my hardware than the formats.

I have given up on SACD and DVD-A given the lack of support of the big labels. This is a personal thing and not a comment on high-rez.

For now, the quality of the sound, and the ability to access hundreds of CDs on the computer has sold me on computer server audio.
Jc51373, my system consists of Omega bipoles, Firstwatt F1, Modwright pre with the Scott Nixon usb dac and a denon 2900 as the sources. This is my first real speaker rig as I have been into headphones for a long time. All formats are played in stereo. Can't wait for the impressions, thanks.
Steve, I agree with you. I was pretty diehard about hi-rez myself, auditioned a few hi-end universal players but never pulled the trigger, but once I downloaded itunes and got a taste of how convenient it was, there was no turning back. However, you have to admit hi-rez has always sounded better than conventional redbook, despite it's lack of support, that's why I'm hoping the Cosecant can give me the fix I need.