After ripping with EAC, what?

Hi, I have been struggling for the past two weeks on learning Exact Audio Copy to rip my CDs. I decided to rip them either WAV (memory is cheap nowadays) or FLAC.

EAC rips the CD and throws all the files into a designated folder, including Artist, Album, etc. The problem is that I wish that it would create a library so it would be easy to retrieve the information from Windows Media Player or any other player by searching for Album, Artist, Song, Genre etc.

How can I do that?

My system:
Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Wavelength Audio Brick
Audio Aero Integrated Prima
Triangle Celius

One more question, my laptop is sitting 50 ft from my amp, what do you recommend, USB extendors or long interconnects. If it is the second option, how can I make them myself and still be top-quality? (I thought 18 gauge pure copper with Eichman RCA, opinions?)

Thanks!

Josep
josep_hernandez
Squeezebox does have an internal DAC, but IMHO the best results can be had by using an external DAC. Squeezebox has both coax and optical digital out, so you can feed the digital signal to your own DAC. I'm using a Benchmark DAC1 right now with excellent results.

I think Apple Airport Express is a bit cheaper, but I have not used it and can't comment on it.
The main shortcoming of Airport Express is the lack of display and remote control. The usability of Squeezebox or Soundbridge is in a different league.
I think the concept with APX is that you are using it in conjunction with a laptop to provide the display/control. They are in different leagues; I use a number of SB3s in my house and find the remote control options limiting. Much prefer sitting on my couch with a portable version of iTunes...
Edesilva, have you tried using PocketPC remote control such as TelCanto for SB? I am curious if it is as good as it seems.
Haven't tried that route... In reality, I don't spend a lot of time listening in the places where I've got SB3s set up--the bedroom and the garage. In both cases, I'm content to hit a playlist and let 'em run. But, for the main rig, I've got a much more versatile setup--a headless small form factor PC talking to a viewsonic 10" touchscreen airpanel that interfaces with iTunes.