Current - Class A vs Class A/B, various wattages

Is there a difference in current between two various amps outputting 30 or 100 watts each, or if one is Class A and one is Class A/B, so long as the wattage is the same?

If there is, is there a way or spec to look at to judge one that is "high current"?
mesaboogie
Post removed 
well my friend who got me into moving passed a high end consumer system was using some Gallo speakers. and I have really liked them so I ended up buying a pair of 3.1s. he was using a class D amp and I had intended to go tube from the start...but now all I read is how the load varies in then and 200 watt solid state is about the only option for not losing the bass. which means I might end up with very expensive pair of mono blocks that I wasn't ready for. $5k or so was what I was hoping be stay around, but 200 watt tube is more like $10k entry fee....and those don't do the power doubling even then.
Would anyone know if the Gallo 3.1 be considered a "voltage driven" speaker based on Ralphs link?
Mesaboogie: Call the factory and ask what type of amp they recommend. I would also ask the factory a reality check Q about the type of amp the designers had in mind when they voiced the speaker.

I would also search the web to see if Stereophile or HT published any bench test results on the Gallos. If the impedance curves are all over the place and there are low frequency negative (capacitive) phase angles, I would surmise that the Gallos are NOT tube friendly.

Here's the other article I mentioned above about tube friendly amps:

http://www.dhtrob.com/overige/tubefriendly_lsp_en.php