PS Audio P3

I decided to check the Tech fourm today and I'm very glad that I did. I am thinking of (eventually) adding a PS Audio P 3 to my system consisting of an ARC CD 3 Mk 2 (which is small) and a Classe Cap 151 integrated amp, would the P 3 be adaquite to provide for my needs (and not over heat) or would a better choice be to add an ARC DAC 7 to pull larger sound staging, depth and resolution (which is what I'm looking to try and stay with in bugeting for)? When I listen to music I don't push the CAP 151 at all (but then again that may be in material) and it always runs cool and at most just a touch warm (like a very low fever). Could I hear your opinions please and Thank you for your input.
rsjm80
That's a tough question since I am not familiar with your CD player. Are the guts of your CD player the same as the DAC 7 or is it significantly different? If they are the same, the improvements may be small. How much improvement may not be known until you try. Sorry, I can't help more.
I checked the ARC web sight and found that my CD 3 Mk 2 is using a 24 bit Crystal dac with a 24/192 sampling that doesn't upsample, the DAC 7 has an additional transformer but, uses 24 bit Burr Brown dac with 24/192 sampling and also doesn't upsample either. Having NOT heard back from ARC from posing my question it looks that the improvemnt would only be incremental at best.
I would agree that the dac would be a small improvement and suggest that the P3 would benefit each component it powers. Experience with P5 & P10 has shown good benefits here but like each part you need to try one first..