$10 vs $100 power plug

Can anybody actually hear the difference between a $10 & a $100 power plug?
A $300 one?

For the record, I'm not saying otherwise; I'm just curious. I have a HARD time spending that kind of $$ on a plug (not to mention justifying it to my better half).
m_snow
NASA, has for sale, surplus power cables, that were designed to connect the Saturn 5 rocket to it's Gantry. They Come complete with explosive bolts. Shipping cost is sort of high.
Cheers
Post removed 
I sympathize with your angst and frustration over some audiophile product prices; on the other hand, I suspect if you look a little bit harder you can find a lot more to get all worked up about. $100 don't mean much in the scheme of things these days unless you have an iPod.

Some things worth coveting - the Koetsu Coralstone Platinum Mono cartridge, $15,000. SteinMusic Harmonizer $3995. Magic equipment rack, $50,000. Minus K 25BM-8 negative stiffness isolation stand, $2650. Quantum Clip from PWB Electronics, $850.
Obviously, people think it makes a difference. Otherwise, why would so many businesses dedicated to custom power cord development and distribution be so successful? We can't all be wrong on this. I agree with Horchai. Your equipment configuration is critical. If you equate the $10 cord as the "supplied" cord for most equipment, then purchasing a custom power cord does have advantages. Suddenly, it's not the sacrifice component in the equipment production lifeline. I guess if I was making audiophile equipment and had to cut corners, the power cord would be an obvious choice. Just my $0.02.