$10 vs $100 power plug

Can anybody actually hear the difference between a $10 & a $100 power plug?
A $300 one?

For the record, I'm not saying otherwise; I'm just curious. I have a HARD time spending that kind of $$ on a plug (not to mention justifying it to my better half).
m_snow
It depends on how resolving your setup is to hear the difference from plugs.
Horchai

Also depends on how much time you want to spend listening for a difference in plugs.
If spending 100 bucks worries you, then don't bother.
That's not to say that you shouldn't do it.
I'm just saying that if you are looking for a BIG sound difference, you will be disappointed spending that hundred bucks.

There's lots of things to consider.

How good your system is at revealing changes and how adept your ears are to picking up on changes to your system.

Casual listeners usually don't hear any differences, or expect a Nad to be transformed into a Krell with a 100 buck plug.

I've had some nice results spending about 100 bucks for the nice copper Furutech connectors and replaced the cheap ones on a couple of non critical power cords(HT setup).
For me the improvement was worth the money.
But I didn't turn my HT into Skywalker studios.

But even spending 100 bucks on some decent entry connectors did not make me put my Annacondas up for sale.

I suggest you borrow some decent upscale power cords and try them in your system,and I mean cords, because the more you have of the better ones the more easily you start to hear what they are doing.

One cord isn't enough if you are looking for a system game changer.Replace them all with the same kind.
DIY or try store bought, but try before you do anything.

So it could cost you more than you thought it would.

But for some of us the cost is worth the improvemnt.

NASA, has for sale, surplus power cables, that were designed to connect the Saturn 5 rocket to it's Gantry. They Come complete with explosive bolts. Shipping cost is sort of high.
Cheers
Post removed 
I sympathize with your angst and frustration over some audiophile product prices; on the other hand, I suspect if you look a little bit harder you can find a lot more to get all worked up about. $100 don't mean much in the scheme of things these days unless you have an iPod.

Some things worth coveting - the Koetsu Coralstone Platinum Mono cartridge, $15,000. SteinMusic Harmonizer $3995. Magic equipment rack, $50,000. Minus K 25BM-8 negative stiffness isolation stand, $2650. Quantum Clip from PWB Electronics, $850.