Singer sounds lower than ear level, help raise it

My speakers are currently on stands and the tweeters are at ear level. But still i find that the sound of the singer comes from the center of the speakers but it is lower than my ears. Her mouth sound like its only 2 feet from the ground. Is there anyway to raise the focus of the singer higher? thanks
raybanma
How can anyone offer an answer without knowing what loudspeaker is being used? The height of the stand? The chair? Room dimensions? What record are you talking about?
Onhwy61, Pickiy, Picky, Picky! :-)

But what the hell, that's why we are here. The voice is, frequency wise, mid-range centered. So mostly it comes from the center of the speaker, i.e. the driver covering the mid range. If the recording has high frequency information it will come from the tweeter at the top of the speaker and it creates a larger sense of space. In a good set up with a good recording there will be a good blend between the two drivers and it will lift the height of the voice some or a lot.

Of course it could be that your room & set up kills a lot of the critical high frequency info leaving nothing but the mid-range.

Try raising your speakers until the mid-range driver is ear height and see what happens.
I agree with Onhwy61, I would evaluate first what you have and how big of a room. Also, how much are your speakers toe in?
I'm a clairvoyant. That is a necessity and part of the job description! I think! Besides the OP referred to a tweeter in the original post so I was willing to assume the speaker had a driver covering the mid-range as well. Maybe even a bass driver, but that is really too much of an assumption. :-)