Psvane Teflon capacitors real or fakes?

These are great looking capacitors and supposed to be competing against the Audience, Rel, V-Cap, and Sonicap Teflon capacitors. A couple of my tweaky friends who have no end to new capacitors gave them a try and had one quit after a month or so, and with the wire cut off, no return possible. So they cut it open, yes they are curious, and according to them, the guts looked like mylar, measured like mylar??? Could these not be Teflon caps after all??? I open this for discussion with some of the tweaky electonic minds out there to get to the bottom of this. If they are not genuine teflon, I would not want fellow audiophiles to get ripped by another false claim. But to be fair, real verifiable data should be submitted here, no guesswork. I trust my friends, but I did not do the test, so I open it to other philes. Hey, I like a great deal too, but if it is not as advertised, I get pissed too. Take a look fellow philes, and lets solve the mystery....Jallen
jallen
I am surprised to Parts Connexion is on radio silence for this discourse. Are they even aware? There are some good names, hard earned reputations at stake here.
Hi everybody, I am a Hong Konger and we Chinese are the same as Westerners, as far as the interpretation of "what a copper teflon capacitor means" is concerned----it must be refering to the foil and film material, NOT THE LEADS. There is no cultural difference, or any such errors caused by the difference between Chinese/Western language communication issue. Cheers!
With all due respect, Rachel (I understand you may simply be the messenger here), I feel compelled to remove some of the wool from the “official response” you posted by Psvane.

>>> Psvane’s Polyester/Mylar capacitor was marketed with “Teflon film” prominently used in its description- not “Teflon insulation”, or “Teflon leads”. This was used on the official Psvane website, Grant’s website, eBay ads, as well as the Alibaba listing by K&D Industrial. None of this marketing material referred to ‘Polyester’, ‘Mylar’, or ‘BoPET’. It takes a rather generous dose of hubris to put forth the explanation provided in the “official response”, IMHO.

>>> That “plastic sheet used between the conductors”, despite your response to downplay its importance, defines what a Teflon capacitor is… not the lead material's dielectric, end-fill, outer wrap, or label. It is incongruous that the insulation of a cap’s lead material would deserve such strong marketing emphasis, when it’s simply a polyester (also marketed as Mylar) dielectric cap, IMHO.

>>> Up until the last few days, Psvane was using the term “CuTF” for its online marketing, and its own website. This, despite my numerous e-mail requests made (since September, 2011) for Grant and Psvane to cease and desist using this V-Cap trademark of genuine OFHC Copper Foil and Teflon Film dielectric capacitors.

>>> I'd like to present this scenario for your consideration: If a Psvane competitor used the term “Treasure” to market its own vacuum tube line – and this competitor purported to use similar materials to Psvane’s line of tubes, would Psvane consider this an attempt to "copy", or at the very least an attempt to dilute their brand, as well as unfair attempt to harvest search engine queries for Psvane's product trademark? Or does this scenario only apply to a company who has little hope for any enforcement of trademark protection in China?

Best regards,

Chris VenHaus
V-Cap
VH Audio
All excellent points Chris.

I think it's VERY clear here what was being done and it's pretty disgusting in my opinion.
I am surprised to Parts Connexion is on radio silence for this discourse

I am not Jallen, a few years ago they were called out for selling Oyaide knockoffs as the real thing. Claimed they didn't know, said they paid a lot for them. They've been in the business too long, that doesn't really fly....