Direct Tv music channels ans use in audio system

Is it possible to connect the digital audio output of my Direct Tv reciever into a transporter or other device to play through my pre-amp? I have a TAD 150 pre-amp.

secondly is the sound quality worth the trouble?

I am just trying to increase my music library without adding significant dollars and space.

help
dvdgreco
Actually, FIOS does have the advantage in available bandwidth but that doesn't mean the content providers will make use of it. Those boxes are capable of close to 1G bandwidth if the service provider opens them up. CATV is limited by the time slicing that happens due to the conversion to/from RF. So 10 set top boxes hanging off the same network termination box in a neighborhood have to share time. It is amazing what they can do with the technology choices they made years ago. Sat is limited by the number of transceivers on each sat, which is why we crazy sat subscribers have a funky 5 lnb dish. That said most all of us who were developing GPON boxes have been re-tasked to the cable box space. Guess we know who is winning that war. ;-)
My fathers Direct sounds pretty good to be honest its very listenable for casual sessions. My TW cable Music Choice is also great maybe a touch better and I listen all the time.
fwiw my HRT MusicStreamer II sounds quite a bit better than DirecTV.

I say this only as a point of reference to those that have one...
Pal,
Your right about compression.
My 'HD' feeds of movies? probably little better than a properly upsampled DVD of the same movie.

EVERYTHING is compressed / stepped on.

The best feeds? News and live sports.
And those are still not 1080. The cameras are, but they down convert to 720. They have been doing this for years for several reasons, and the providers have to add all of those shopping channels to help pay the bills. I would love to have ala carte option. I would gladly pay $150 a month for only 10-12 channels IF they were all 1080.