Furman Reference IT 15i power conditioner

I have a good buy on a brand new one, but I can't find any reviews on this power conditioner.
128x128acustom
The stock power cords are configured for the wall for a 15 amp circuit. At the unit they mate up like a 20 amp circuit...one can easily swop them out if you have preferences. The Furman equipment is well made. I would either refer to their specs or call them regarding their stock PCs. Good Luck.
I have just finished installing a Furman IT-Reference 15i into my system. Purchased 9-of-10 used for $1150. This is my first experience with power conditioning beyond the IsoMAX units. Observations:

(A) I think it's a real shame that all of eleven of the outlets are switched. In this day there are quite a few devices which like to be receive standby power when switched "off", and the two I happen to own (Cambridge 840c and Marantz NA7004) could not be connected to the Furman for this reason.

(B) There is no ramping of output on power-on: you will be sending significant transients through your gear when turning the unit on/off. In my installation it seems to take 30 or more seconds before I can turn on the power amp because of an unsettling 60Hz hum.

(C ) I initially connected my phono and line preamps to the "Symmetrical" (balanced?) outputs, and was really disturbed at the flatness and lack of life which I heard. Acting on a hunch I moved these devices over to the "linearly-filtered" outputs. The move cleared that up completely, a change which just amazed me. The symmetrical outputs remain unused.

(D) At the price I paid, and given the caveats above, I have to say I am -very- pleased with what the Furman has added to my system. Noise: way down, most interestingly in terms of the noise being picked up my my Shelter 501 II MM cartridge (overall hum AND induced TT motor noise seem to be gone). Everything seems to have gained as well in definition and presence (I am terrible at hifi adjectives). Overall, installing the IT-Reference 15i did a LOT for my system.
I installed the Shunyata RZ71 outlet in place of one of the generic Furman outlets and that made an improvement.
I believe the stock(cheap) outlets on the Furman 15 are compromising it.
Also, upgrading the male power connector with something better from Furutech or Oyaide will also improve performance.
These are very easy and reversable mods to the Furman.You don't need to solder anything.
Lacee, that's why I DIYed my own balanced power unit years ago. I didn't like the parts selection and daisy-chain wiring of outlets in factory-manufactured units. I opted for Furutech and Oyaide outlets and connectors, OCC silver and copper wiring, etc.
Post removed